After injury or illness, physical therapy helps patients get back to work, play and their lives. Mimbres Memorial Hospital’s team works to create programs that improve movement, balance, endurance and strength for patients, helping them move—onward, upward and forward.
Physical therapy addresses:
- Pre- and Post-Surgical Orthopedic and Podiatry
- Focuses on improving the pain-free performance of daily routines (including walking and mobility) following, or in lieu of, surgery.
- Conservative Intervention
- Providers often attempt a course of physical therapy for their patients prior to a more invasive surgical approach. This approach focuses on reducing pain, improving movement and strengthening through a wide variety of techniques. Often, a bodily dysfunction can be treated by physical therapy to avoid an invasive procedure.
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Focuses on treating problems of the vestibular system to improve balance and live a life without dizziness.
Related Services and Conditions
Mimbres Memorial Outpatient and Rehabilitation services are designed to help patients through the process of recovering from injury or illness. The goal is to help people regain their independence and improve their lives. We provide quality rehabilitation services for...
Mimbres Memorial Hospital is here to help you get back to work (and other daily activities). Occupational therapy specialists work with patients to improve strength, flexibility, endurance and tolerance after an injury or illness, with the goal of becoming...
Mimbres Memorial Hospital offers a number of speech therapy services with a wide variety of techniques and programs designed to help people communicate better. We consider treatment a collaboration: the therapy staff works with physicians, dietitians and nurses to...