Swing Bed Program
Mimbres Memorial Hospital offers a swing bed program as an extended care option to meet the individual needs of patients who are in a transition phase of illness or recovery. Patients may be able to participate in the program if their medical needs cannot be met at home or in a long term care facility, but their condition no longer requires a stay in an acute care setting. We provide continued rehabilitation and recovery services that are designed to meet each patient’s needs.
A team of qualified licensed nursing staff, certified nursing assistants, rehabilitation therapists, case manager and registered dietitian work together to design a personalized treatment plan for each patient. The patient’s specialist can remain involved in the care, with on-site consultations or office visits.
The rehabilitation team offers physical, speech and occupational therapy six days a week and evaluations are completed seven days a week. Patients can feel at ease knowing the therapy team provides one-on-one attention that can help the patient move forward towards recovery.
- Ability to transition from any acute care hospital to our program
- Hospital, rehabilitation and senior living environment
- 24-hour registered nurse on duty
- Physical, speech or occupational therapy
- Respiratory therapy
- Post joint replacement rehab
- IV fluids and IV medication administration
- On-site laboratory and x-ray
- Skin and wound care, including negative wound therapy
- Nutritious meals with on-site dietitian
- Daily recreational activities
- Barber/beauty shop services
- Discharge planning