Mimbres Memorial Hospital offers a variety of nutritional services, from healthy food options in the cafeteria to nutritional assessments, counseling and consultations, all designed to help patients and the community be healthy.
FAQ’s about Medical Nutrition Therapy
What is Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)?
MNT is the development of a nutritional plan based on review of your medical history, eating and lifestyle habits.
Who will benefit from MNT?
- Heart disease
- Weight gain or weight loss
- Kidney disease
- Celiac disease
- Digestive disorders
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Any nutrition-related disorder
What can you expect from an MNT visit?
- Information about nutritional issues related to your disease or condition
- Ways to change your eating and lifestyle habits to improve your health
- Nutrition tips to help prevent disease
- Ways to meet your goals
- One-on-one and/or group sessions
How do I pay for the sessions?
Your physician will write an order for MNT at Mimbres Memorial Hospital. After this occurs, you will contact Central Scheduling at Mimbres Memorial Hospital where they will schedule an appointment and review your insurance as well as payment options.